We are delighted to welcome you to Mountain Ridge Country Club and we hope you enjoy your visit. Mountain Ridge works hard to make your experience at the Club as pleasurable as possible. To that end, please note a few important guidelines for your visit to Mountain Ridge.
CHECK IN/BAG DROP
Upon arrival, please check in with the Assistant Director of Outside Operations and we will assist you with your golf clubs and direct you to the locker rooms. If entering the club house by way of the front entrance, please check in with the front desk team member who will assist you.
Cellular devices and Smartphones may be utilized in the Club House and the pool area for purposes of texting and emailing and in silent or non-audible vibrate mode only.
The use of cellular devices and Smartphones is prohibited on the property of the Club, except as provided in the next two paragraphs and except in the user’s automobile, the Men’s and Women’s Locker Rooms, the Women’s Bridal Room (with the doors closed), the Coat Room, the Pool area north of the Shade Structure or the Sun Room (but only if no other people are in the Sun Room). Speaking on cellular devices and Smartphones is prohibited in the Men's Lounge Section of the Men's Locker Room. Speaking on cellular devices and PDAs in the locker rooms may only be done in a discrete and quiet manner and members may not speak on their cellular devices while walking around the locker room.
Speaking on cellular devices or Smartphones anywhere on the golf course, on practice areas and the driving range, or in the tee house shall be strictly prohibited, except that such devices may be used for outgoing calls in the event of a medical emergency. Golfers shall be permitted to take cellular devices and Smartphones on the golf course but they must be kept hidden from view and either turned off or on vibrate mode only. Golfers shall be permitted to view their cellular devices or Smartphones quickly and discretely on a limited basis and shall be permitted to e-mail or text only in the case of an emergency and while in a secluded, private area. Texting or e-mailing while on a tee box, green, in the fairway or primary rough, or while walking down the hole is strictly prohibited. Texting or e-mailing in carts shall be permitted only when parked in a secluded, private area.
Members are responsible for guest adherence to the Club’s cellular device and Smartphone rules. Any member who uses, or permits a guest to use, a cellular device or Smartphone in violation of the preceding paragraphs, will be subject to discipline.
Club House and Dining Venues
Acceptable Casual Attire for Men and Women.
- Collared shirts, mock and standard turtlenecks, crew neck and hooded sweaters
- Jeans, which are neat and presentable along with acceptable golf attire is permitted in all areas of the club at all times, except in the formal dining room on specified Wednesday and Saturday evenings
- Evenings designated by the house committee could result in men required to wear jackets, please check with your Host or by calling the Front desk 973-575-8200
- Acceptable Tennis attire is permitted prior in the clubhouse prior to 5:30PM
Unacceptable Attire for Men and Women
- Workout clothes
- Ripped, torn or frayed jeans, cutoff jeans and shorts
- Bathing Suits and cover-ups, except inside the pool area
- Women Hats and Visors: are permitted in all areas of the Clubhouse for religious or medical reasons, when moving from and through the dining areas and Clubhouse from or to the back entrances to the Club and from or to the locker rooms or rest rooms, to get food or beverage only, to the salad bar, bar, or buffet inside the Pub until 5:00PM
Golf Course and Practice Areas Attire
- slacks or shorts (Bermuda type or walking shorts)
- shirts - must be collared and tucked in
- hats and visors must be worn with the billing facing forward
- slacks, skirts, shorts or skorts ( 4 inches above the top of the knee )
- shirts - sleeveless must have a collar, woman's collarless shirt must have sleeves
- hats and visors must be worn with the bill facing forward
- only spike-less golf shoes will be permitted on golf course, putting green and practice area
PACE OF PLAY
We believe our golf course can be played comfortably in less than four hours and fifteen minutes. In keeping with this practice, please be ready to play your next shot (e.g., determine what club you will use for your next shot while the other players in your group are hitting). When you reach the green, please fix your ball mark and line up your putt while the others are putting. Please also observe the Open-Hole Rule, which is simply stated: when an entire hole opens up ahead of your group, please ask the faster group behind you to play through. Finally, please keep carts a sufficient distance from the tees and greens and use the cart paths whenever possible.
Smoking will be prohibited in all areas aside from the Golf Course and Parking Lot
- Smoking defined as Cigars, Cigarettes, E-Cigarettes, Vaping
- The Golf Course to be defined as Holes 1-18
- The Driving Range and Tee House will remain a smoke free area
- The Parking Lot defined as away from the Clubhouse near your automobile of lower parking lot